This report presents the findings of the Independent Terminal Evaluation of the “Industrial Energy Efficiency in Egypt” project (herein referred to as “the Project”) implemented by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) with a financing grant provided by the Global Environment Facility (GEF). The Project was a full-sized GEF project having the objective of facilitating energy efficiency (EE) improvements in the industrial sector through supporting the development of a national energy management standard and energy efficiency services for Egyptian industry as well the creation of demonstration effects.
The Project had five components – the first four focused on capacity building, the fifth involving direct implementation of IEE projects in partner facilities for demonstration purposes.
- National Program to define energy benchmarks and energy efficiency policy
- Awareness raising on industrial energy efficiency and management in industry
- Technical capacity building on energy efficiency services
- Access to finance for energy efficiency improvement projects
- Implementation of Energy Management Systems and System Optimization