The STAR (System for Transparent Allocation of Resources) midterm evaluation was undertaken in response to the Council’s request.
The evaluation assessed STAR’s design, its implementation, the extent to which it has met its objectives, and areas for further improvement. For the evaluation Arepo drew on a mix of quantitative and qualitative tools and methods, which included:
- desk review of the relevant documents,
- assessment of appropriateness, adequacy, and scientific validity of resource allocation indexes by expert panels,
- portfolio reviews and statistical modeling to assess STAR’s effect on resource flows and utilization patterns,
- interviews of key stakeholders to gather information on their perspectives on STAR design and implementation,
- an online survey of the perspectives of a wider set of stakeholders on STAR design and implementation.